Whenever I mention Aroma Espresso Bar, most clients give me a look of confusion and say, ” The coffee bar”?
To my delight, I always get to educate individuals with the many healthy, delicious options that are available at Aroma. Having grown up in Thornhill, I have had the pleasure to experience Aroma from its pioneer days in Toronto as Thornhill was where Aroma first landed in GTA. I am so happy to see how quickly Aroma has grown in popularity as there are so many locations around the GTA now.
Why I Like Aroma?
- Fresh Ingredients
- Good sized salads with lots of protein; you are able to personalize the salads (i.e. you can omit certain ingredients or choose to do 1/2 one kind of protein and 1/2 of another kind of protein)
- Sandwiches are personal size; portion control is present
What Have I Had On The Menu?
- Breakfast Sandwich: A thin layer of cream cheese is included with tomato, pickle, parsley and an omelette on multigrain toast. I omit the pickle. If you order the sandwich on multigrain toast, you get 8 grams of fibre and 17 grams of protein; in total, you have eating 250 kcals.
- Aroma A.C.E: I follow more of a plant based diet; however, when I do feel like I need some meat, I enjoy this sandwich very much. Wioth the egg being cooked over medium, it oozes with ease over the avocado spread, arugula and chicken breast. It is absolutely delicious! Multigrain toast is always my go to choice when I am here. If ordered on multgrain toast, you will get 10 grams of fibre and 28 grams of protein for a total of 350 kcals.
- Aroma All Day Power Breakfast (my husband’s choice): The name says it all! It’s truly a breakfast to get you started on the right foot. A generous portion of mixed greens with chopped tomato, cucumber, shredded carrot, olives and feta is provided. It also includes two eggs (prepared any style) and a good serving of avocado and cream cheese to serve as spread for your choice of bread. This meal will give you 19 grams of fibre and 36 grams of protein for a total of 720 kcals but keep in mind, this is very hard for one person to finish. If you like brunch, consider sharing with a friend. 🙂
Lunch or Dinner:
- Aroma Special: Out of 10 visits, 9 times I will choose this combo as this is very satisfying as a meal. The combination of mixed greens, hard boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, red onion, olives is irresistible. I always choose to do 1/2 tuna and 1/2 feta. The balsamic vinegarette is provided always on the side. I never am able to use it all. I use 1/4 of the container at most. Some individuals choose to just do tuna as a topping and others will only have feta. Tuna would give you the added benefit of omega-3 fats. When I combine 1/2 feta and 1/2 tuna, this salad will give you 3 grams of fibre and 17 grams of protein for a total of 285 kcals. **A side of bread is not provided; however, should you want bread, bread can always be provided for an additional cost **.
- Baby Kale and Portobello Mushroom: I usually have a surplus of vegetables in the fridge at all times and run out of protein options first; however, the odd time, I will have protein but no vegetables. This is the perfect answer to a nice supplement. I love baby kale especially when paired with grilled portobello mushrooms, roasted red pepper and creamy goat cheese. YUM! Balsamic vinegar is always served on the side but like I mentioned above, I use 1/4 of the container at most. When ordering this salad, you will get 3 grams of fibre and 12 grams of protein for a total of 200 kcals.
- Italian Cheese Personal Sandwich with FETA on Multigrain Bread: I do try to incorporate more of a plant based diet during the week which allows me more flexibility in choice during the weekend. With that being said, having this sandwich with feta will give you the least amount of calories. You will ingest 290 kcals with 15 grams of protein.
I’m a creature of habit and generally stick to these options; however, my mother has ordered the sweet potato lentil salad and has really enjoyed this option. My friend chooses the chopped salad to be her go to as well. You can’t go wrong when you are at Aroma. 🙂